RELIEF HEAD CHEF - KIRKBY LONSDALE, CUMBRIA - RATE NEGOTIABLE
This traditional British country inn are looking for a temporary, strong Head Chef to support their existing brigade and run their kitchen from the end of May.
The menu consists of various traditional pub classics including hearty pies and local steaks. Whilst the pub does try to use locally sourced produce and make dishes from scratch where possible, they do tend to buy in chips, breads and desserts to compliment their menu for convenience. In addition to their lunch and dinner offering, the hotel has eight letting bedrooms and caters for overnight guests at breakfast too!
This opportunity would suit an experienced Head Chef who is comfortable working with volume - the inn is popular with walkers in the area so does tend to get busy, particularly at weekends!
Your new contract will involve;
- Working a minimum of 40 hours, over 4 days, Friday to Monday
- Working a variety of shifts, including breakfast and 10pm finishes
- Working within an existing brigade, running your own section within the kitchen
- Being responsible for health and hygiene standards on your section and in your fridges
- The opportunity to live-in, on site, if required
- You will have a minimum of 2 years' experience as Head Chef level in a similar environment
- You will ideally have experience working with fresh produce and a large volume of covers
- You will be a team player - the entire team takes responsibility for keeping the kitchen clean so some washing up/cleaning down will be required
What’s in it for you?
By joining CJUK, you not only get the benefits and experience of this particular contract but you will become part of our close-knit brigade and community meaning that you will always;
- Get paid for EVERY hour that you work
- Have the freedom to choose how, when and where you work
- Have the opportunity to travel nationwide
- Experience different kitchen environments and meet new people
- Have unlimited access to a 24/7 helpline with Hospitality Action
- Enrolment onto NEST pension scheme when working on our payroll
Does this sound like the ideal role for you?
If so, please give me a call on 01254 355666 to discuss - if you have any further questions or queries I would be more than happy to chat through the role with you in more detail. Alternatively, feel free to apply below or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this position doesn't quite suit what you are looking for, feel free to get in touch regardless as I have lots of other contracts available nationwide from CDP to Head Chef level.
I look forward to speaking to you soon!